Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Train Wreck


I got to be a daddy super hero today, I love it when that happens. The gray transaxial gear on Thomas' back wheel (right) cracked and was spinning freely without providing any torque to the axel (left). Poor Thomas was chuffing away but going no where. Members from Thomas' fan club were dispatched to daddy's fix it shop for a resolution. I am a pack rat, not only that but I take apart anything I can't fix so I had a box of gears lying around in the garage. I found the blue gear (center) in my cache. The stalk of which was a perfect match for the gray gear. Using a jewler saw I cut short length from the blue and secured it on the axel. Within 20 minutes Thomas was back in action!

1 comment:

  1. Super daddy to the rescue! :D Great feeling, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete