Saturday, January 2, 2016

Convertible


I assembled several parts for the roof over the 'engine' part of the falcon today. The back fan of the falcon has 6 circular shapes. Maybe they are exhaust ports? Anyway, they look like the tops of 5 gallon paint buckets to me, so that's what I used. As part of a treehouse I wanted to make them into skylights for the interior. To do this I made 6 bucket-dimater holes through plastic white shed roofing, inserted the bucket collars in the holes and mounted the whole lot on a wood framed piece of plexiglass. The plexiglass will keep the weather out but let the light through.

The back fan is sort of pie shaped, the piece I completed today is a mostly square inset which slides away from the center of the tree. Sue requested that portions of the roof should roll back so that we can still enjoy the sky from the tree platform on a clear night. So, the Minimum Falcon is now a convertible.


No comments:

Post a Comment