Saturday, May 23, 2009

Waimea to Haleiwa


Randy, Ernie, and I met up at Waimea Bay to do a North Shore training swim this morning. I also came with my friend Greg who was looking to get some paddleboard training in. Greg and I went all the way to Haleiwa. The swim was about four and half miles, and took us about 2 hours and twenty minutes. The current was probably in our favor most of the way. There was some surf though, about 3-5' faces on some breaks. Greg took the inside as we paddled through Chun's and caught a couple. I spotted five honu during the swim. We planned to rendezvous with Sue and the kids at Haleiwa at 10:30. We were right on schedule. After I dried off, we had breakfast at Jamesons. Ernie also drove over to meet us after he finished his swim. He snapped this picture of me coming in. I started a tradition of finishing butterfly incase someone I know is watching and looking for me. This finish was for Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment